General information :
- 8 days and 7 nights
- Comfort level of the barge : Standard
- Spoken languages on board : English and notions of French
- Child prices : please contact us
Departure from Enkhuizen, on Saturdays from 04/30 to 09/10
- Low season: 04/30, 05/07 and 09/17
- High season: 14/05, 21/05, 28/05, 04/06, 11/06, 18/06, 25/06, 02/07, 09/07, 16/07, 23/07, 30/07, 06/08, 13/08, 27/08, 03/09 and on 09/10
- Full board stay (except dinner on day 4)
- Travel documents : we will provide you with the information relating to the progress of your stay as well as the itinerary upon validation of your reservation, subject to change.
- Non-guided loop tour
Not included :
- Dinner on day 4
- Transport to the place of departure
- Personal expenses
- Bike rental
- Personal bike location (mandatory if no rented bike)
- Theft insurance for rented bikes
- Cancellation insurance
- Extra night(s) at the start or end of the tour in a hotel in Amsterdam
1 2 3 4 5 6
Flat, very smooth roads and paths. 90% program on cycle paths.
Contrary to popular belief, the temperature in the Netherlands is similar to the temperature in France. Near the coast, the weather is sometimes windy.
0 to 65 km of cycling per day, or about 3 to 5 hours of cycling. Easy route. No difficulties, accessible for anyone.
- Guide and maps about the Netherlands on cartovelo.fr
On board, you will meet an international community of all ages, men, women, singles and couples with children. We offer boats with 80 places maximum in cabins of 2 and 3 people.
People responsible for your bike and boat holidays are :
On board, the captain and his mate. They are responsible for the smooth running of the vacation on the boat, and bring the boat from stage to stage. The cook prepares the meals.
The tour is without a guide, a morning briefing on the tour will present you the route each day.
Breakfast : on board, you will find a substantial and dutch breakfast, worthy of a cyclist.
Lunch : after the breakfast, you will prepare by yourself a “lunch” (sandwich, fruit, snack, drinks).
Snack : after the daily route, you will find, when you arrive on the boat, various drinks such as tea and coffee prepared for your return, with a cake.
Dinner : at least three very good quality dishes. After dinner, you will have a choice of coffee and tea.
Other drinks, such as wine, beer, lemonade and mineral water, are not included but can be purchased on board at a reasonable price.
At the beginning, on Saturday afternoon, a bike corresponding to your height, will be assigned to you. After a test ride, you will sign a receipt. The bike (21-speed bike) will be at your disposal all week until Friday afternoon, when the bike is handed over. The bike will be fitted with panniers.
If you take your own bike, it cannot be insured against theft by our company, you will have to make the necessary arrangements with your usual insurer. Do not forget your anti-theft. The return of your bike will be at your expense.
By train : the departure towns for the bike and boat tours are served by the railway.
Amsterdam and Enkhuizen train stations are very well connected : several trains daily run to and from France.
Thalys is faster to Amsterdam, and the equivalent of the TER will get you to Enkhuizen in an hour.
By plane : AMSTERDAM international airport.
Your vehicle :
We strongly advise against parking cars on the streets of Amsterdam and Enkhuizen. Information on guarded parking lots in the city can be found on the following website : parkingcentrumoosterdok.nl. There also are several parking cars in the city of Enkhuizen.
Cancellation insurance :
In order to guarantee the refund of costs in the event of cancellation of your stay, you can take out cancellation insurance. To learn more, please click here.