1 2 3 4 5 6
Flatland. Cycle path all along Danube.
Continental, gentle sun, comfortable temperatures.
Technical nature :
39 to 65 km per day ie 3 to 5 hours riding.
Itinerary easy to follow. No difficulties, fully accessible to anyone.
- Sur les rives du Danube à vélo, de Passau à Vienne (Cartovelo éditions)
- Danube Bike Trail n°2 from Passau to Vienna, Edition Esterbauer
- Books about Danube by bike on Cartovelo.fr
Accommodation Comfort :
Hotels 4* (local standards) with toilet and bathroom in the room
Extra nights :
One additional night is available at the beginning and at the end of the tour.
- Rich breakfast (coffee, tea, chocolate, milk, bread, butter, jam, orange juice)
- Lunch : not included
- Dinner : optional half board, dinners at the hotel or in restaurants nearby the accommodation.
The bike :
- Bike rental : By default, rented bikes are 7 gears bikes of German brand (flat tour). On request, you can rent an hybrid bike with 21 or 24 gears. You will get it when arriving. We will ask you to leave a deposit.
At the end of the tour, you will have to leave the bike at the last hotel and inform the reception. Our correspondent will take care of it.
- Own bike : If you travel with your own bike, we advice against bikes with small tires. Hybrids and Mountain bikes are excellent. Remember to check your bicycle before the tour.
At the end of the tour, you will be in charge of your bike.
For the bike in case of breakdown (except for punctures).
Return transfer :
By bus : From Vienna to Passau. The return by bus is included. You will come back with your luggage.
If you travel with your own bike, the bus accepts bikes. The ticket for the bike cost about 18 euros, to be paid on-site.
By train : You can also come back by train (to be specified when booking). The transfer to Vienna train station is not included. Here is a link to see the train time-schedule : time-schedule in Austria.
We assume its transportation. Limited to one luggage per person (20 kg max).
Road Book :
You will get detailed maps and description of the routes when arriving at the first hotel. You will also get vouchers for the hotels and restaurants as well as tags for your luggage.
Transportation : Location
- By train : often between Vienna and Passau time-schedule in Austria. and la SNCF
- By car : Motorway E56 to Passau
- By plane : International airport of Vienna.Feel free visiting our travel agency website Parthenay
Your vehicle :
Unsupervised car park is available in Passau near the hotel.
Cancellation insurance :
In order to guarantee reimbursement of your fees, you may subscribe to a cancellation insurance. To know more about this insurance, click here