1 2 3 4 5 6
Gentle sun, little wind and comfortable temperatures
Technical nature :
25 to 35 km per day ie 2h to 4 hours riding (90 km to visit the entire Island of Ré)
Itinerary partly marked out, road book and map reading helpful.
- Cycling maps and guidebooks on the Atlantic coast on cartovelo.fr
- 25 walks on l'Île de Ré et la Rochelle
- IGN map : Île de Ré, Oléron et Marais Poitevin
Accommodation Standard + :
Hotel**** with toilet and bathroom in the room
Extra nights :
One additional night is available at the beginning and at the end of the tour.
- Rich breakfast (coffee, tea, chocolate, milk, bread, butter, jam, orange juice)
- Lunch : not included
- Diner : in restaurants nearby the accommodation.
The bike :
- Bike rental : If you rent a bike (see our bikes) you will get it when arriving. We will ask you to leave a deposit.
At the end of the tour, you will have to leave the bike at the last hotel and inform the reception. We will take care of it.
We can provide you specific equipments for kids such as seats, little bikes hitched and trailers
- Own bike : If you travel with your own bike, we advice against bikes with small tires. Hybrids and Mountain bikes are excellent. Remember to check your bicycle before the tour.
At the end of the tour, you will be in charge of your bike.
- For the bike in case of breakdown (except for punctures)
Road Book :
You will get detailed maps and description of the routes when arriving at the first hotel. You will also get vouchers for the hotels and restaurants.
Transportation : Location
- By train : SNCF TGV to La rochelle, about 3h00 from Paris (Montparnasse train station) To get more information on the time schedules, please contact SNCF on www.sncf.fr
- By car : A10 Exit 32 or 33. Paris is 460 km far from La Rochelle.
- By plane : Poitiers and La Rochelle airports. Nantes and Bordeaux international airports.
Your vehicle :
A parking space is available at the hotel, to be paied on site.
Cancelation insurance :
In order to guarantee reimbursement of your fees, you may subscribe to a cancelation insurance. To know more about this insurance, click here