General informations :
- 8 days and 7 nights
- Standard version accommodation comfort level: 2 and 3 * (local standards)
- Child rates: contact us
The dates :
Achievable between April and October 2021.
- Self-guided online tour
- Luggages transport
- Roadbook : we provide you with information on the progress of your stay as well as the itinerary for confirming your reservation, subject to change.
- Dinner on days 5 et 6
- Assistance in case of breakdown (except puncture).
Not included :
- Transport to the place of departure
- Personal expenses
- Visits other than those included in the program
- Tourist tax to be paid on site.
The options :
- VTC or VAE rental
- Dinners on days 1, 2 and 3
- Bike rental (VTC or electric bike)
- Extra night in La Rochelle or Bordeaux
- Transfer back to the starting point
- Additional night (s) at the start or end of the tour
- Theft insurance for the rented bike
- cancellation insurance
1 2 3 4 5 6
Flat land, some hills between Royan and Mirambeau.
Soft sun, little wind and pleasant temperatures.
Cycling: 28 to 60 km per day or 2 to 5 hours of cycling.
Partly signposted route to Royan, useful road book and map reading.
- Bike guide on the Vélodyssée (Atlantic coast)
Standard + Accommodation:
The hotels are 2 * and 3 * with rooms equipped with shower and toilet. The guest rooms are charming guest rooms.
Additional nights :
An additional night is offered to you at the start and end of the tour.
- Breakfasts: generous (coffee, tea, chocolate, milk, butter, bread, jam, orange juice)
- Lunch: not included
- Dinner: half-board option for days 1, 2 and 3, dinners in restaurants near the accommodation or on site. Dinner on day 5 included. Dinner on day 4 in Royan not included.
The bike :
- Rental bicycle: If you rent a bicycle, it will be given to you on the day of your arrival at the 1st hotel. A security deposit will be requested.
At the end of the tour, you will have to leave this bike at the last accommodation and notify reception. We will take care of his return.
We offer specific equipment for children, seats, small hitched bikes and trailers.
- Personal bike: We do not recommend bikes with small tires. Hybrid bikes and mountain bikes are excellent. Remember to check your bicycle before setting off.
At the end of the tour you will need to take care of your own bicycle, however transport from Bourg sur Gironde accommodation to the train station is included in the price of this tour and the vehicle that takes you can transfer the bikes. If you notify us of the transport of your own bikes by booking the return train option we will choose a train that accepts bikes.
- Assistance in the event of breakdown (except punctures for which we do not intervene)
- In case of bad weather or if you cannot ride a bike for a day, possibility of a direct journey to the next stage.
By train: We can book your return by train. In this case, your ticket is in the file given to you upon arrival. You come back with your luggage. If you are traveling with your own bicycle, this train accepts bicycles.
By minibus: If you are a group. We take care of the luggage and bicycles that you will find at the station in the city of departure.
They are transported by a courier or by our team and limited to one piece of luggage per person (max. 20 kg).
We will provide you with detailed maps and a description of the routes when you arrive at the first hotel. We will also give you vouchers for hotels and restaurants as well as luggage tags.
- By train: SNCF TGV to La Rochelle in around 3 hours from Montparnasse station. For more information on timetables, contact SNCF.
- By road: A10 motorway exit 32 or 33. Paris is 460 km from La Rochelle
- By plane: Airports in Poitiers and La Rochelle and international, Nantes or Bordeaux.
Your car :
A parking space is available at the first hotel, payable locally.
Cancellation insurance :
In order to guarantee the reimbursement of costs in the event of cancellation of your stay, you can take out cancellation insurance. To learn more about insurance, click here.