General informations :
- 3 days and 2 nights
- Accommodation comfort level: 3 * (local standards)
- Child rates: contact us
The dates :
Achievable between April and October 2022
- Center based tour in freedom
- Half-board stay
- Road book : we will provide you with the information relating to the progress of your stay as well as the itinerary to confirm your reservation, subject to change.
- 1 hour of guided boat
- Visit of the Maillezais abbey
- Assistance in case of breakdown (except puncture)
Not included :
- Transport to the place of departure
- Personal expenses
- Visits other than those included in the program
- Tourist tax to be paid on site
The options :
- VTC or VAE rental
- Additional night (s) at the start or end of the tour
- Transfer by minibus from Niort station to accommodation in Arçais
- Theft insurance for the rented bike
- cancellation insurance
1 2 3 4 5 6
80% of cycle paths and very rolling paths. The circuits pass away from the cars, in the heart of the marsh.
Very shaded, mild sun, a little wind, pleasant temperatures.
- 15 to 35 km per day, or 1h30 to 4 hours of cycling.
- Little signposted itinerary, roadbook and map reading necessary on certain stages.
- 23 beautiful walks in the Marais Poitevin
- Map of cycle paths in the Marais Poitevin
Breakfasts: generous (coffee, tea, chocolate, milk, butter, bread, jams, orange juice)
Lunch: not included
Dinner: included in a restaurant near the accommodation.
The bike :
Rental bike: if you hire a bike (see Our bikes), it will be given to you on the day of your arrival. A security deposit will be requested. At the end of the tour, we will tell you where to leave the bike. We offer specific equipment for children: seats, small hitched bikes and trailers.
Personal bike: we do not recommend bikes with small tires. Hybrid bikes and mountain bikes are excellent. Remember to check your bicycle before setting off. At the end of the circuit, you will have to take care of your bike.
By train: SNCF TGV to Niort (about 2h30 from Gare Montparnasse in Paris).
By road: A10, exit 32 or 33. Paris is 400 km from Niort and 460 km from La Rochelle. Take the direction of Marais Poitevin.
By plane: Poitiers or La Rochelle airports, or Nantes or Bordeaux international airports.
Free and possible on-site parking, closed unguarded car park.
Cancellation insurance :
In order to guarantee the reimbursement of costs in the event of cancellation of your stay, you can take out cancellation insurance. To learn more about insurance, click here.