Levels : easy for everyone
1 2 3 4 5 6
Flatland. 80% of cycle paths and low rolling resistance roads. The tours are off main roads, in the heart of the marsh.
Gentle sun, little wind and comfortable temperatures
Technical nature :
18 to 25 km per day ie 1h30 to 4 hours riding
Itinerary slightly marked out, road book and map reading necessary for some stages.
- Cycling maps and guidebooks in Marais Poitevin on cartovelo.fr
- Balades natures dans le Marais Poitevin, Editions Dakota
- Maps of cycling paths in Mairais Poitevin
Accommodation Standard :
Bed and Breakfast with toilet and bathroom in the room
Extra nights :
One additional night is available at the beginning and at the end of the tour.
- Rich breakfast (coffee, tea, chocolate, milk, bread, butter, jam, orange juice)
- Lunch : not included
- Dinner : in restaurants nearby the accommodation.
The bike :
- Bike rental : If you rent a bike (see our bikes) you will get it when arriving. We will ask you to leave a deposit.
At the end of the tour, we will let you know what to do with your bike.
We can provide you specific equipments for kids such as seats, little bikes hitched and trailers
- Own bike : If you travel with your own bike, we advice against bikes with small tires. Hybrids and Mountain bikes are excellent. Remember to check your bicycle before the tour.
At the end of the tour, you will be in charge of your bike.
- For the bike in case of breakdown (except for punctures)
Two transfers, outward and return journeys, are available between Niort train station and the accommodation in the Marais Poitevin. These transfers are optional and their price is understood per transfert (up to 4 persons)
Road Book :
You will get detailed maps and description of the routes when arriving. You will also get vouchers for the hotels and restaurants.
Transportation : Location
- By train : SNCF TGV to Niort, 2h30 from Paris (Montparnasse train station) To get more information on the time schedules, please contact SNCF on www.sncf.fr
- By car : A10 Exit 32 or 33 following Marais Poitevin signs. Paris is 400km far from Niort.
- By plane : Poitiers and La Rochelle airports. Nantes and Bordeaux international airports.
Your vehicle :
A outdoor unsupervised parking lot is available (free)
Cancelation insurance :
In order to guarantee reimbursement of your fees, you may subscribe to a cancelation insurance. To know more about this insurance, click here