General informations :
- 8 days and 7 nights
- Boat comfort level: luxury
- Prices for children: contact us.
The dates :
No departure in 2021
Departures from Arles on Saturdays from 03/04 to 16/10/2021 :
Mid season: from 04/17 to 06/26/2021
High season: from 08/21 to 10/02/2021
Departures from Lyon on Saturdays from 03/27 to 10/09/2021 :
Mid season: from 24/04 to 03/07/2021
High season: from 08/28 to 10/09/2021
Departure dates 2022 :
Departures from Arles on Saturdays from 04/02 to 10/15/2022
- Low season: 02/04, 09/07, 23/07 and 06/08
- Mid-season: 04/16, 04/30, 05/14, 05/28, 06/11, 06/25 and 10/15
- High season: 20/08, 03/09, 17/09 and 01/10
Departures from Lyon on Saturdays from 03/26 to 10/08/2022
- Low season: 03/26, 04/09, 07/16, 07/30 and 08/13
- Mid-season: 23/04, 07/05, 21/05, 04/06, 18/06 and 02/07
- High season: 27/08, 10/09, 24/09 and 08/10
- 7 Nights on board (including bedding, towels, soap)
- Full board including picnic lunch
- Coffee and tea on board
- City walks
- Free WIFI
- Route information for the self-guided option
- Assistance vehicle
- Ferry prices on the route
- GPS tracks (on request)
Not included :
- Transport to the place of departure
- Personal expenses
- Visits other than those included in the program.
The options :
- VTC or VAE rental (helmet included)
- Guide supplement
- Bike theft insurance (for rented bikes)
- cancellation insurance
1 2 3 4 5 6
Mild temperatures from April to October which can climb very high in July and August.
Cycling: 20 to 50 km per day or 3 to 5 hours of cycling.
Partly marked itinerary, useful roadbook and map reading.
- The most beautiful bike rides in Provence
The participants :
On board you meet an international community of all ages, men, women, singles and couples with children.
Here are the people responsible for your bike and boat holidays:
On board, the captain and his boy. They are responsible for the smooth running of the vacation on the boat, and take the boat from stage to stage. The cook prepares the meals.
Breakfasts: on the boat you will find a hearty, Dutch breakfast, fit for a cyclist.
Lunches: after breakfast, you will prepare a “lunch” yourself (sandwiches, fruits, snacks, drinks).
Snack: after the daily trip, you will find, on your arrival on the boat, various drinks such as tea and coffee prepared for your return, with a snack.
Dinners: at least three very good quality dishes. After dinner you will have a choice of coffee and tea.
Other drinks, such as wine, beer, lemonade and mineral water, are not included but can be purchased on board at a reasonable price.
The bike :
At the start, on Saturday afternoon, a bike corresponding to your size will be assigned to you. After a test ride, you will sign a receipt. The bike (VTC: 21-speed bike) will be at your disposal all week until Friday afternoon, when the bike is handed over.
The bikes will be fitted with panniers as well as an anti-theft device, a container and a tire repair kit. If you prefer a 7-speed bike, please let us know (this must be specified when booking). It will not be possible to order a bicycle once on the boat.
If you take your own bike, it cannot be insured against theft by our company, you will have to make the necessary arrangements with your usual insurer. Do not forget your anti-theft. The return of your bike will be at your expense.
The bike :
- Rental bicycle : If you rent a bicycle, it will be given to you on the day of your arrival at the 1st hotel. A security deposit will be requested.
At the end of the tour, you will have to leave this bike at the last hotel and notify reception. We will take care of his return.
- Personal bike : We do not recommend bikes with small tires. Hybrid bikes and mountain bikes are excellent. Remember to check your bicycle before setting off.
At the end of the tour, you will need to take care of your own bicycle.
- Assistance in the event of a breakdown (except for punctures for which we do not intervene).
- By train: TGV station in Lyon and Arles
- By road: Arles is 731 km from Paris by the A6 and A7 motorways and Lyon is 466 km from Paris by the A6.
- By plane: Paris (CDG), Lyon (LYS), Marseille Provence (MRS)
End of the tour :
The visit ends a week later in Lyon on Saturday morning after breakfast at 10 o'clock. You will spend the night from Friday to Saturday on board at Lyon. The mooring point of the barge in Lyon is on the Rhône nearby the city center.
Cancellation insurance :
In order to guarantee the reimbursement of costs in the event of cancellation of your stay, you can take out cancellation insurance. To learn more about insurance, click here.