1 2 3 4 5 6
Flatland. Only the loop route by Mervent is hilly.
Gentle sun, little wind and comfortable temperatures.
Technical nature :
35 to 67 km per day ie 3 to 5 hours riding.
Itinerary partly marked out, road book and map reading necessary for some stages.
Created to help you, assist you, guide you. It is a box that you receive before your departure or that is delivered on the spot. It includes a GPS support, the Gps loaded with the routes of your circuit, an auxiliary battery with its connecting cord, a repair kit, emergency lighting, a knife and the corkscrew...
- Cycling maps and guidebooks in the Marais Poitevin on cartovelo.fr
- Cycling guide on la Vélo Francette
- Cycling guide on la Vélodyssée
Accommodation Standard + :
Hotels*** and 2 hotels ** with toilet and bathroom in the room.
Extra nights :
One additional night is available at the beginning and at the end of the tour.
- Rich breakfast (coffee, tea, chocolate, milk, bread, butter, jam, orange juice)
- Lunch : not included
- Dinner : optional half board, diners in restaurants nearby the accommodation.
The bike :
- Bike rental : If you rent a bike (see our bikes) you will get it when arriving. We will ask you to leave a deposit.
At the end of the tour, you will have to leave the bike at the last hotel and inform the reception. We will take care of it.
We can provide you specific equipments for kids such as seats, little bikes hitched and trailers
- Own bike : If you travel with your own bike, we advice against bikes with small tires. Hybrids and Mountain bikes are excellent. Remember to check your bicycle before the tour.
At the end of the tour, you will be in charge of your bike.
- For the bike in case of breakdown (except for punctures).
- In case of inclement weather or if you cannot cycle one day, possible transfer to the next stage.
Return, 2 possibilities :
By train : We can book your train ticket. In that case, the tickets will be in your road book. You will come back with your luggage. If you travel with your own bike, this train accepts bikes.
By minibus : You will give you the time schedule. We will take care of the luggage and the bikes.
We assume its transportation. Limited to one luggage per person (20 kg max).
Road Book :
You will get detailed maps and description of the routes when arriving at the first hotel. You will also get vouchers for the hotels and restaurants as well as tags for your luggage.
Transportation : Location
- By train : SNCF TGV to Niort, 2h30 from Paris (Montparnasse train station). To get more information on the time schedules, please contact SNCF on www.sncf.fr
- By car : A10 Exit 32 or 33. Paris is 400 km far from Niort.
- By plane : Poitiers and La Rochelle airports. Nantes and Bordeaux international airports.
Your vehicle :
A parking space is available at the first hotel, to be paid on site.
Cancelation insurance :
In order to guarantee reimbursement of your fees, you may subscribe to a cancelation insurance. To know more about this insurance, click here