1 2 3 4 5 6
Flatland. 95% of cycle paths and low rolling resistance roads. The tours are off main roads, in the heart of the marsh.
Gentle sun, little wind and comfortable temperatures
Technical nature :
15 to 35 km per day ie 1h30 to 4 hours riding
The stage between Maillezais and La Rochelle (58km) can be divided with a transfer to Marans.
Itinerary slightly marked out, road book and map reading necessary for some stages.
Created to help you, assist you, guide you. It is a box that you receive before your departure or that is delivered on the spot. It includes a GPS support, the Gps loaded with the routes of your circuit, an auxiliary battery with its connecting cord, a repair kit, emergency lighting, a knife and the corkscrew...
Accommodation Standard :
Hotel** or Bed and Breakfast with toilet and bathroom in the room
Extra nights :
One additional night is available at the beginning and at the end of the tour.
- Rich breakfast (coffee, tea, chocolate, milk, bread, butter, jam, orange juice)
- Lunch : not included
- Dinner : optional half board, diners in restaurants nearby the accommodation.
We assume its transportation. Limited to one luggage per person (20 kg max).
Road Book :
You will get detailed maps and description of the routes when arriving at the first hotel. You will also get vouchers for the hotels and restaurants as well as tags for your luggage.
The bike :
- Bike rental : If you rent a bike (see our bikes) you will get it when arriving. We will ask you to leave a deposit.
At the end of the tour, you will have to leave the bike at the last hotel and inform the reception. We will take care of it.
We can provide you specific equipments for kids such as seats, little bikes hitched and trailers
- Own bike : If you travel with your own bike, we advice against bikes with small tires. Hybrids and Mountain bikes are excellent. Remember to check your bicycle before the tour.
At the end of the tour, you will be in charge of your bike.
- For the bike in case of breakdown (except for punctures)
- In case of inclement weather or if you cannot cycle one day, possible transfer to the next stage.
A transfer, outward journey, is available between Niort TGV train station or La Rochelle Airport and the accommodation in the Marais Poitevin. This transfer is optional and its price is understood per transfert (up to 4 persons)
Return transfer, 2 possibilities :
By train : We can book your train ticket. In that case, the tickets will be in your road book. You will come back with your luggage. If you travel with your own bike, this train accepts bikes.
By minibus : You will give you the time schedule. We will take care of the luggage and the bikes.
Transportation : Location
- By train : SNCF TGV to Niort, 2h30 from Paris (Montparnasse train station) To get more information on the time schedules, please contact SNCF on www.sncf.fr
- By car : A10 Exit 32 or 33 following Marais Poitevin signs. Paris is 400km far from Niort.
- By plane : Poitiers and La Rochelle airports. Nantes and Bordeaux international airports.
Your vehicle :
A outdoor unsupervised parking lot is available (free)
- Cycling maps and guidebooks in Marais Poitevin on cartovelo.fr
- Cycling guide on Vélo Francette
Cancelation insurance :
In order to guarantee reimbursement of your fees, you may subscribe to a cancelation insurance. To know more about this insurance, click here