no departure in 2021 due to the health crisis.
General informations :
- 8 days and 7 nights
- Boat comfort level: Comfort
- Child rates: contact us
The dates :
Departures on Saturday :
With Ave Maria from Mantua or Venice.
- 7 nights
- Full board (breakfast, dinner and homemade packed lunch)
- Coffee, tea and other hot drinks on board
- Sheets and towels
- Free courtesy kit
- Short daily maid service and midweek cabin cleaning service and towel change
- Bicycle helmet
- Application including maps, points of interest and GPS tracks
- Information about the digital tour
- English speaking tour leader within an international group
- Second companion with a minimum of 25 people
- Guided tour in Venice and Mantua
- Visit to a cheese factory with tasting of typical Grana Padano
- Visit of the Carousel and the Street Entertainment Museum
- Visit to a historic glass factory on the island of Murano
- Ferrara-Adrian bus transfer
Not included :
- Transport to the place of departure
- Drinks on board
- Museums, fees and extras in general
- Ticket for public transport in Venice and in the lagoon (we suggest the ACTV 48h ticket, 30 €)
- Personal expenses
The options :
- VTC or VAE rental
- Bike theft insurance (for rented bikes)
- cancellation insurance
1 2 3 4 5 6
Much of this cycling tour takes place along the Po plains and the daily stages vary from 25 to 55 km, mostly on paved cycle paths along rivers and canals, or on quiet country roads. The boat is moored at night and usually sets sail after breakfast. Some parts of the route are made by barge, to allow easier access to the cycle paths or simply to enjoy the cruise.
Recreational cycling in mostly flat areas with only a few short climbs and descents. Little effort required, suitable for most people.
The tour is also suitable for children. If the child one day does not want to ride a bike, he / she can stay on the boat with one of the parents.
Warm temperatures and sunny region.
30 to 55 km of hiking per day, or about 3 to 4 hours of cycling.
Easy to follow route. No difficulties, accessible to all.
- Cycling maps for Italy on cartovelo.fr
- Cycling guide on Po cycleroute
An additional night is offered to you at the start and end of your stay, in a hotel.
The participants :
On board you meet an international community of all ages, men, women, singles and couples with children.
Here are the people responsible for your bike and boat holidays:
On board, the captain and his boy. They are responsible for the smooth running of the holidays (on the boat) and take the boat from stage to stage. The cook prepares the meals.
Participants are accompanied by a guide. This will help you in the event of a breakdown and will advise you on the route to follow and give you the necessary tourist information. He or she is multilingual.
- Breakfasts: on the boat, you will find a substantial breakfast.
- Lunches: 'lunch' (sandwiches, fruit, snack, drink).
- Dinners: three courses (drinks not included)
Drinks, such as wine, beers, lemonades and mineral water are not included but can be purchased on board.
The bike :
21-speed VTC available for hire. At the end of the tour you leave the rental bike on the boat.
The bikes are equipped with saddlebags as well as an anti-theft device, a card holder, a bottle and a tire repair kit.
If you take your own bike, the return to the starting point is at your expense. (crossing in Venice around 130 €). It cannot be insured against theft by our company, you will have to make the necessary arrangements with your usual insurer. Don't forget your anti-theft device!
We will provide you with information on the progress of your stay as well as the itinerary, subject to change.
- By train: Venice is on one of the main railway lines and serves the largest Italian cities. Mantova accessible via Verona.
- By car: Mantova is on the A22 (Brennero-Modena) motorway 50 km from Verona. Venice is on the A4 motorway.
- By plane: Venice international airport.
In Mantova: free parking 500m from the port and supervised paid parking 1.5km from the port
In Venice: Very expensive parking, it is advisable to park in Mestre and take public transport. Secure parking near Mestre station.
Cancellation insurance :
In order to guarantee the reimbursement of costs in the event of cancellation of your stay, you can take out cancellation insurance. To learn more about insurance, click here.