General informations :
- 6 days and 5 nights
- Accommodation comfort level: 2 and 3 * (local standards)
- Child rates: contact us
The dates :
Achievable between April and October 2023.
- Self-guided online tour
- Luggages transport
- access to our hiking application Respire Voyages with day by day itinerary
- 1 hour of guided boat
- Assistance in case of breakdown (except puncture)
Not included :
- Transport to the place of departure
- Personal expenses
- Visits other than those included in the program
- Tourist tax to be paid on site
The options :
- VTC or VAE rental
- twin room (2 beds)
- Transfer by minibus from Niort station to accommodation in Coulon
- Minibus transfer La Rochelle / Coulon
- Boat trip from La Rochelle to Ile de Ré
- Additional night (s) at the start or end of the tour
- Theft insurance for the rented bike
- cancellation insurance
1 2 3 4 5 6
80% of cycle paths and very rolling paths. The circuits pass away from the cars, in the heart of the marsh.
Very shaded, mild sun, a little wind, pleasant temperatures.
15 to 35 km per day, or 1h30 to 4 hours of cycling.
Little signposted itinerary, roadbook and map reading necessary on certain stages.
- 23 beautiful walks in the Marais Poitevin
- Map of cycle paths in the Marais Poitevin
- Guide on the Velo Francette
Breakfasts: generous (coffee, tea, chocolate, milk, butter, bread, jams, orange juice)
Lunch: not included
Dinner: included in a restaurant near the accommodation.
The bike :
Rental bicycle: if you rent a bicycle, it will be given to you on the day of your arrival. A security deposit will be requested. At the end of the tour, we will tell you where to leave the bike. We offer specific equipment for children: seats, small hitched bikes and trailers.
Personal bike: we do not recommend bikes with small tires. Hybrid bikes and mountain bikes are excellent. Remember to check your bicycle before setting off. At the end of the circuit, you will have to take care of your bike.
- By Train: SNCF TGV to Niort in around 2h30 from Montparnasse station.
For more information on timetables, contact SNCF.
- By Road: A10 exit 32 or 33. Paris is 400 km from Niort and 460 km from La Rochelle
(take the direction of Marais Poitevin).
- By plane: Airport in Poitiers and La Rochelle, and international, Nantes or Bordeaux.
Free and possible on-site parking, unguarded parking.
Cancellation insurance :
In order to guarantee the reimbursement of costs in the event of cancellation of your stay, you can take out cancellation insurance. To learn more about insurance, click here.