General informations :
- 7 days and 6 nights
- Standard version accommodation comfort level: 2 and 3 * (local standards)
- Comfort level of the comfort version accommodation: 3 and 4 * (local standards)
- Child rates: contact us
The dates :
Achievable between April and October 2023.
- Self-guided online tour
- Luggages transport
- access to our hiking application Respire Voyages with day by day itineraries
- Assistance in case of breakdown (except puncture)
Not included :
- Transport to the place of departure
- Personal expenses
- Visits other than those included in the program
- Tourist tax to be paid on site
The options :
- VTC or VAE rental
- Half board
- Boat trip from La Rochelle to Ile de Ré
- Transfer back to the starting point
- Additional night (s) at the start or end of the tour
- Theft insurance for the rented bike
- cancellation insurance
1 2 3 4 5 6
Flat circuit. Only the stage around Fontenay le Comte (Mervent) is hilly.
Soft sun, a little wind, pleasant temperatures.
- Cycling: 25 to 67 km per day or 2 to 5 hours of cycling.
- Partly marked itinerary, useful roadbook and map reading.
- Guide on the Francette Bike
- The Marais Poitevin
Two additional nights are offered at the beginning and at the end of the tour.
- Breakfasts: generous (coffee, tea, chocolate, milk, butter, bread, jam, orange juice)
- Lunch: not included
- Dinner: half-board option, dinners in restaurants near the accommodation
The bike :
- Rental bicycle: If you rent a bicycle, it will be given to you on the day of your arrival at the 1st hotel. A security deposit will be requested. At the end of the tour, you will have to leave this bike at the last hotel and notify reception. We will take care of his return.
We offer specific equipment for children, seats, small hitched bikes and trailers.
- Personal bike: We do not recommend bikes with small tires. Hybrid bikes and mountain bikes are excellent. Remember to check your bicycle before setting off. At the end of the tour, you will need to take care of your own bicycle.
- Assistance in the event of breakdown (except punctures for which we do not intervene)
- In case of bad weather or if you cannot ride a bike for a day, possibility of a direct journey to the next stage.
Crossing from La Rochelle to Île de Ré, can be booked with your tour, we will put the tickets in your documentation, The departure will be from the port of La Rochelle and bicycles are accepted on board.
By minibus: We will give you the timetables. Support for luggage and bicycles.
They are transported by a courier or by our team and limited to one piece of luggage by person (max. 20 kg).
We will provide you with detailed maps and a description of the routes when you arrive at the first hotel. We will also give you vouchers for hotels and restaurants as well as luggage tags.
- By Train: SNCF TGV to Niort in around 2h30 from Montparnasse station. For more information on timetables, contact SNCF.
- By Road: A10 exit 32 or 33. Paris is 400 km from Niort.
- By plane: Airport in Poitiers and La Rochelle, and international, Nantes or Bordeaux.
Parking possible at the first hotel, payable locally.
Cancellation insurance :
In order to guarantee the reimbursement of costs in the event of cancellation of your stay, you can take out cancellation insurance. To learn more about insurance, click here.